Case Study: Medtox
A Vivid Result: Simplifying a complex process
“With Vivid Reports, we no longer have to worry about how different budgets are
going to roll up together. It’s all automated.”
- MEDTOX Scientific, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Full-service, publicly-traded medical laboratory company; in business for 25 years.
- Provides clients with the services and solutions they need to run successful testing programs.
- Staff of 750; annual revenues of about $100 million.
- MEDTOX needs to analyze complex revenue streams based on how many tests and samples come through. Management needs precise information to calculate average costs and prices for lab tests.
- The company was using Microsoft FRx® to generate reports and Excel® for budgeting. They were concerned about the cumbersome work required to consolidate the information received back from departments throughout the company. There was simply too much room for error, and it took too long.
- Too many templates made adding new accounts especially awkward.
- MEDTOX installed Vivid Reports to interact with its Microsoft Dynamics GP® data.
- Using Vivid Reports, MEDTOX has reduced its number of account templates from about 12 per lab to five.
The New Reality
- Unit reports are now much more useful. Calculations are fast; generating reports is convenient.
- Finding specific accounts is much easier than before.
- MEDTOX staff take advantage of the comments field in the software to explain variances and to communicate with each other.
- Decision-makers can get the information they need from a single application.
- With a reduced number of templates and sharper calculations, there are fewer versions of the same report. Version control issues are solved.
- With the high degree of automation with Vivid Reports, MEDTOX no longer has to worry about how long it will take to consolidate information from multiple sources. And they don’t have to worry about errors in reporting.