Vivid Reports™ is a feature rich solution combining all of the functionality of Excel® with the power of SQL Server® so you can produce the financial reports that you need, when you need them, the way you need them.
- Microsoft Excel is used as the workspace: Take advantage of Excel’s rich features and functionality as well as your knowledge of Excel.
- Simple reporting concepts: Based on six fundamental dimensions (accounts, periods, years, data types, company, currency) allowing you to easily build any financial report.
- Flexible report layouts: Dimensions can be placed on rows or columns allowing for information to be viewed from different perspectives.
- Check for accuracy: Automatically find omitted or duplicated accounts in your reports and other verification methods to ensure accuracy.
- Distribute your reports: Automatically e-mail, print (pdf), or save your reports to a network location.
- Report on all of your companies: Supports multiple companies even with different chart-of-accounts and fiscal year-ends.
Analysis and Business Intelligence
- Drill-down into balances: Drill into any balance to view the underlying accounts and transactions without requiring additional licenses for your accounting system.
- Analyze your reports: Automatically perform a variance analysis on your reports. Compare underlying accounts between two columns. View trends in a timeline fashion or perform year-over-year trending.
- View entire transaction details: View full G/L transaction details, sub-ledger details, journal entries, purchase distributions, invoice, and payment histories.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Enter budgets in Excel: Enter your budget amounts straight into Excel and save them back to the database in real-time. A full audit of all changes is automatically maintained.
- Add assumptions or notes to your budgets: Ability to document your assumptions and notes for better communication across your organization.
- Pre-load your budgets: Quickly create new budgets and forecasts from existing data.
- Define an unlimited number of currencies or conversion sets: Convert between currencies or different units of measure. Define conversion sets based on ranges of accounts, companies, and years.
- Standard conversion methods: Support for average and ending methods of conversion.
Security and Administration
- Define user functionality: Define exactly what each user can access and perform. User roles can be established for easy maintenance.
- Restrict the user: Restrict each user based on any account segment or combination and company. Separate restrictions can be defined for reporting and budgeting.
- Easy to administer: Quickly adjust settings, perform updates to the software, manage your users, and monitor usage.
- Secure: Support for Windows® or SQL Server authentication methods, and Active Directory® login.