A Vivid Result: Budgeting and forecasting – Speeding up the process
“I don’t get as many questions because anybody that is looking for information can basically find it themselves, rather than all of the accounting information having to come from my office.”
Prairie South School Division
- Prairie South School Division, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
- Established in 2006.
- Comprising 38 schools and about 7,000 students.
- Annual budget of $84 million.
- In response to a provincial government initiative, PSSD adopted MS Dynamics NAV®.
- PSSD was using out-of-the-box Dynamics NAV reporting tools along with Jet Reports® and Microsoft Excel®.
- Building financial reports was difficult: it required learning a new report language and knowing what tables and fields in NAV to access.
- PSSD staff had to copy, paste, and manipulate data to produce budgets and reports. The system was cumbersome and time-consuming, with too much risk of error.
- In 2009, PSSD installed Vivid Reports for Dynamics NAV.
- Accounting staff received two days of training.
The New Reality
- PSSD credits Vivid Reports with allowing them to stay with NAV. Vivid Reports integrates seamlessly and provides automatic, accurate updates and version control.
- Creating and distributing reports is now easy.
- Users can easily control which information they see.
- Users can still view their information in the familiar Excel environment.
- Drilling into greater detail is easy and intuitive; calls for assistance to the accounting department have been dramatically reduced, saving the school division time and money.
- The entire process is faster. Some tasks that used to take days, now take hours.